Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Robert11

Default Condensat Puddle On Basement Floor ?

Hello:

Never thought about this much, but am now curious.

Live outside of Boston; have had several real hot and very high humidity
days in a row.

Have a substantial puddle on my basement floor.
Pretty sure it is condensation.

Is this likely water condensing from the air against a colder basement floor
?

Or, is it possibly water coming up, somehow, thru the concrete floor ?
Or,... ?

It's funny in a way, as the basement air is fairly cool, not hot and sticky
like the rest of the house - that's why I was wondering if it might be
coming up thru the floor ?

Our hot air furnace has the Evaporator section for the house A/C and a drain
pipe to the outside, but it doesn't seem like it's coming from the furnace,
but the puddle is close; perhaps ? Is this a "likely" possibility ?

Thanks,
Bob