Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Air conditioning Unit

My parents have just decided to get air conditioning in their flat but
have no idea where to start.

They live in Spain above a bar and is approximately 64 metres squared.

The floor is all on one level apart from the steps leading down a floor
to the outside

_______________________________
| | |
| | |
|___ ______________| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|_______________ |
| | | |
| | S |
| | | t |
| | | e |
| | | p |
|____Window_____|_Window|__s___|

Does anyone know of what power would be best. Currently it can get as
hot as 35 degrees C indoors not dropping much at night and about 35 C
outside during the day about 28 at night.

I have read about the BTU thing but over here they seem to use
something called frigorias with the standard being between about 1200
and 4000 frigorias. They have spoken with one person who said they can
have a small wall mounted unit for 600 euros installed while other
places have stated more expensive units.

Also, do all units require doors and windows to be closed as I have
been in places where the doors are wide open and the air is still a lot
cooler from the airconditioning units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaz