Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Looking for Stain/Wood preservative for Cedar Home

I am looking for opinions on a Stain/preservative for Cedar siding
called: TWP(Total Wood Preservative) by Gemini Coatings. I live in
the Ozarks of Arkansas and this product has been recommended by a
number of builders/home owners who have cedar homes in the area.

Before hearing about this I was considering other products like
Sikkens and Flood.

Any comments about this product or anything better will be
appreciated.
Psych_prof

I'm not clear why you want to put a coating on cedar. We live in Nova
Scotia in a cedar sided home which has never had stain or preservative
of any kind put on it since it was built 20 years ago. The siding has
weathered to a beautiful silver tone.

Abe Ross

Thanks for the reply. I just want to see the natural cedar color as
long as I can. The coating with UV filters will help preserve that
color. I can imagine that your house is beautiful. I just want to
keep the original color.