Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Tony

Default Whole house air filtration??

I'm trying to find information about whole house air filtration systems.

Scenario: My wife and I have a cat. (It's mainly my wife's.) This cat has
lived outdoor in our screened porch for a few years. He's now getting to the
point that he's figured out how to shred the screen and otherwise get out.
So, we're contemplating making him an indoor cat.

Problem: I'm allergic to cats. Beyond that, I can't stand the odor of homes
that have pets in them.

I'm wondering about the efficacy of whole house HEPA (or other, if there are
alternatives) air filters.

Our home is about 2000 sq. ft. and has only 1 air conditioning/heater return
(heat pump). Are there systems that install in conjunction with the filter
for that system? Or should I be looking at some type of stand alone system?

If I were to get a "good" system, is it going to get rid of cat odors
(assuming regular vacuuming, etc.)?

Any advice here would be appreciated. I really don't want an indoor cat, but
I've grown fond of this one (and I'm also very fond of my wife as well). The
more specific the advice, the better.

Tony

TURTLE

"Tony" wrote in message
[...]

This is Turtle.

Less than $100.00
They make 95% to 98% media filters to go in your filter rack of your heat pump.

More Than $500.00 ++
then They make '' April Aire '' Air cleaners or others that work with your hvac
system to clean the air that goes through it.

You will have to figue out how much you want to spend then look at what they
have to clean the air in that price range. Now for about $100K i can make your
house a Clean room. You know the space shows where everybody wears a space suite
to keep clean and all.

TURTLE

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM