Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Amamba

Default Garage door price - sounds right ?

Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks !

T.B.

"Amamba" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our garage door decided it was time to fall apart, so I obtained an
estimate from a local Wayne Dalton dealer. 16' x 7' door opening, 9100
series insulated steel door (no lights) with torquemaster tension
spring unit, new rails, re-installing my existing door opener in a new
hardware, disposal of old door, $840. Does this sound like a fair price
? We live in Midwest (Detroit area). I can't close the garage, so I
don't have much time to shop around. Any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks !
\

i'm in central texas and recently got a new garage door installed with
opener for a little over $400.