Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Pressure Washer Mistake

I just received the Chicago Electric 1800 PSI pressure washer I
purchased from Harbor Freight. After reading the manual I learn it
can only handle mild detergents. Is that normal?

I bought it to clean my house siding. My understanding is that
strong chlorine based detergents are normally used for that task.
Was I ripped off? How would I know which pressure washers can use
the normal house cleaning chemicals?

Bob
Jungle Jim

wrote in news:MPG.1d151d1a94bd3dec989691
@news.intrex.net:

I just received the Chicago Electric 1800 PSI pressure washer I
purchased from Harbor Freight. After reading the manual I learn it
can only handle mild detergents. Is that normal?

I bought it to clean my house siding. My understanding is that
strong chlorine based detergents are normally used for that task.
Was I ripped off? How would I know which pressure washers can use
the normal house cleaning chemicals?

Bob

I know of no pressure washer with detergent dispensing capability that
will dispense any type of bleach compounds if there are rubber gaskets
in the washer.

Unless you have a mold problem, one of the std cleaners without
chlorine that is made for pressure washers will do fine for cleaning
siding.