Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Remote Controlled Whole house fan

I installed a 24" Direct Drive whole house fan from Master Flow
recently and currently it just has a pull string with off/high/low
settings. I am looking for another solution and went looking for
something that I might like. I saw some thermostats to control it and
some timers, but what I would like is to have both. I have a remote
control made by hampton bay for one of my ceiling fans. It has Auto
fan which basically lets you set the temperature at which the fan turns
on. It has a timer for running the fan for a certain amount of time,
and it obviously has manual on and off. This seems like the perfect
solution, but I have a question. Most ceiling fans have a low medium
and high setting, and the remote works accordingly. I don't know if it
will possibly damage the motor on the fan if it tries to go at some
third speed, or what would exactly happen. If anyone has done
something similar, or knows about such things, I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance - Holymoley