Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Sylvan Butler

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:08:54 -0400, John P Bengi JBengi@yahoo wrote:
What happens when a small piece of mineral grit becomes impelled through
your skin?

This would never pass the labour code for compressed gases regulations on
the worksite. I think there is some important message there. Duh.

Think about it a little bit...

If you discharge 200psi thru a 0.1inch diameter oriface into a mixing chamber
with a 1inch diameter outlet nozzle, what is the outlet pressure?

Hint: far less than 200psi.

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
John P Bengi

Actualy the guy died later form some organ complication. This was over 35
years ago. You wouldn't have read it on the Internet.

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"Sylvan Butler" wrote in

message
ernal...
On 25 May 2005 03:11:58 -0700,

wrote:
A long time ago, Buckminister Fuller conceptualized a "fog gun

shower"
in which 200 psi compressed air subsitituted for voluminous usage of

Could be fun... Any plans/drawings/patent online for a fog gun?

Wonder
what kind of tools / materials would be needed...

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Start with a compressor rated for 200+ PSI at 50+ CFM with a 100% duty
rating!

Hint #1: When available they're _very_ expensive - even on the

surplus/used
market.

Hint #2: Most available units come with their own engines and are

mounted on
their own trailers.

What's that?!?!? I can't hear you over the noise of
the air compressor!!!!

Also, would you really want a 200 psi output (even if
it was just air) pointed right at your face, from maybe
a foot away?

I seem to recall reading about a "Darwin Award" type
accident, where a couple of guys were joking around in
a machine shop, and one pointed a compressed-air hose
at the other's, uh, "hindquarters." Even through
clothes and at a slight distance, it supposedly
resulted in a serious injury. (I read it on the
Internet, so it must be true.)

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/