Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Kim Webb

Default Cost of Gas Fireplace Install

I'm looking to replace my existing wood burning fireplace with gas
logs. I've been quoted $2800 for installation of the following:

C-5 Rasmussen
Log Set
Thermostat Remote Control
Grate, lava rocks
200ft of gas line
shutoff valve
removal of glass doors (they're ugly)

That's seems expensive but it's the best looking vented system we've
seen and they all seems to be about that price in the area I live
(Alexandria, Virginia).

Any comments/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kiltz

"Kim Webb" wrote
That's seems expensive but it's the best looking vented system we've
seen and they all seems to be about that price in the area I live
(Alexandria, Virginia).

Any comments/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is an easy one, you either spend the money for the one you want, or
don't.

Alan Sung

"Kim Webb" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking to replace my existing wood burning fireplace with gas
logs. I've been quoted $2800 for installation of the following:

C-5 Rasmussen
Log Set
Thermostat Remote Control
Grate, lava rocks
200ft of gas line
shutoff valve
removal of glass doors (they're ugly)

That's seems expensive but it's the best looking vented system we've
seen and they all seems to be about that price in the area I live
(Alexandria, Virginia).

Any comments/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You have to subtract the cost of the unit itself to determine whether or not
your installation cost is reasonable. Here are some costs that I recently
incurred for a free standing propane stove:

200 ft of gas line and valves: $860
10 ft of double lined vent pipe with thru-roof vent: $375
Painting above pipe to match stove: $75
Electric outlet for fan & thermostat wi ~$75
Delivery & installation of vent pipe: $425

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA

ack123

We just converted from a wood insert to a gas log insert. The cost for
the log set and doors was broken down as follows: $1200 for the 18" log
set, $540 for the doors, and $40 for the crackling ash pellets. Anyone
know if the crackling ash is a good price, or know of a wholesaler to
get a better price?