Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

G Henslee

Default Cell Phone Question

Before I call AT&T I wanted to inquire here.

I need a couple of new phones. I've had my original plan with AT&T for
going on 4 years and each year they've upgraded it to keep me as a
customer. Going through them or switching to another carrier just to get
the cheap phone deals is not what I want because they *all* seem to want
to water down my plan and charge me more for it monthly than I'm paying now.

I've been looking at 'phones only' (no plan) on eBay. My phones are
analog and when I look at the Nokia - AT&T compatible cells, they either
talk about GSM or TDMA and I'm confused as to whether or not I can use
them with my service.

Thanks, G.
Charles Spitzer

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Before I call AT&T I wanted to inquire here.

I need a couple of new phones. I've had my original plan with AT&T for
going on 4 years and each year they've upgraded it to keep me as a
customer. Going through them or switching to another carrier just to get
the cheap phone deals is not what I want because they *all* seem to want
to water down my plan and charge me more for it monthly than I'm paying
now.

I've been looking at 'phones only' (no plan) on eBay. My phones are
analog and when I look at the Nokia - AT&T compatible cells, they either
talk about GSM or TDMA and I'm confused as to whether or not I can use
them with my service.

Thanks, G.

typically, in the us, no. you need to ask your carrier directly. also, if
you travel, will it work where you're going?

try comp.dcom.telecom

Need Cell phone camera lens "cover" Barry & Nikki Electronics Repair 1 April 24th 05 07:12 AM
NEED front LCD for Motorola T720 Cell phone Barry & Nikki Electronics Repair 1 April 21st 05 12:39 AM
phone wiring orientation question oktokie Home Repair 4 July 28th 04 06:14 AM
Cell Phone M. Anas Electronics 1 July 13th 04 01:17 PM
Phone Wiring Question B Home Repair 14 July 30th 03 04:35 PM