Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Mister Bean

Default Maytag Neptune 3000

I have the Maytag Neptune washer MAH3000AWW that I bought in 1998 -
and of course, it's been a headache. Maytag repaired it at no charge
the first time when it was just over 3 years old - then last year it
died, and they supplied the parts (new computer board, and a few other
things I think) and I paid the labour, about a year ago. Now it's
acting up again - it stopped and turned off mid cycle yesterday, so I
pressed the start button, and it started up again, only to stop and
turn off a few minutes later. After a few more attempts to get it
going, only to have it stop, I decided to start the whole washing
cycle from the beginning - and again, it turned off. Only this time I
noticed that while the water did go in, the drum wasn't turning.

Is this another known problem? I just read about the class action
suit, and I see it only affects those in the U.S., and I'm in Canada.
Though I'm sure that if this is something that Maytag would take care
of if I was in the U.S., then Maytag Canada will likely do the same.

Today's Sunday so I have to wait til tomorrow to call them, so I just
wanted to check if this is typical of the problems with this machine,
and what I can expect Maytag Canada to do for me?

Thanks.
Al Bundy

The Maytag repairman's loneliness became only a memory when the Neptune
was introduced.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of it. Hard choice, but you'll always
be putting money into this machine.

Mister Bean

Do yourself a favor and get rid of it. Hard choice, but you'll always
be putting money into this machine.

As it turns out, Maytag is footing the bill yet again (3rd time) for a
long list of new parts - motor, circuit board, etc. Not bad,
considering the warranty ran out 6 years ago! Even the Maytag Repair
Man was surprised!
Al Bundy

Mister Bean wrote:
Do yourself a favor and get rid of it. Hard choice, but you'll

always
be putting money into this machine.

As it turns out, Maytag is footing the bill yet again (3rd time) for

long list of new parts - motor, circuit board, etc. Not bad,
considering the warranty ran out 6 years ago! Even the Maytag Repair
Man was surprised!

I'm happy for you, but not completely surprized. I have seen Sears
buying them back from customers out of warranty to save their own
reputation. I suspect they are sticking it right back to Maytag in
those cases. In your case they simply elimninated the middleman.