Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Snow Bunny!

Default Raccoons in barn

Found raccoons in the 2nd floor of our barnhouse. Anyway of preventing
them without the use of traps? Mothballs, etc? Please help! Thanks!

Doug Miller

In article . com, "Snow Bunny!" wrote:
Found raccoons in the 2nd floor of our barnhouse. Anyway of preventing
them without the use of traps? Mothballs, etc? Please help! Thanks!

When I found raccoons living in my barn, my removal tool of choice was a .44
magnum revolver and a garbage can. Google on "raccoon roundworm" if you want
to learn why it's important to permanently remove them from structures used or
inhabited by humans.

--
Regards,

The Bald Ass Prairie Farm

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article . com, "Snow

Bunny!" wrote:
Found raccoons in the 2nd floor of our barnhouse. Anyway of preventing
them without the use of traps? Mothballs, etc? Please help! Thanks!

When I found raccoons living in my barn, my removal tool of choice was a

..44
magnum revolver and a garbage can. Google on "raccoon roundworm" if you

want
to learn why it's important to permanently remove them from structures

used or
inhabited by humans.

--
Regards,

If you have no gun, try feeding them a generous amount of antifreeze in a
bowl, they love it and so will other critters you might wanna keep, so do it
smart

Richard
The Bald Ass Prairie Farm

On 2 May 2005 05:13:56 -0700, in misc.consumers.house "Snow Bunny!"
wrote:

Found raccoons in the 2nd floor of our barnhouse. Anyway of preventing
them without the use of traps? Mothballs, etc? Please help! Thanks!

Do you have a dog?
Snow Bunny!

Thanks for the suggestions all but I need an inexpensive way of getting
rid of the raccoons from the 2nd story barn. They are leaving raccoon
$%%% everywhere and I just want them out of there. I don't have a gun
or a trap, and I know it costs money to have them caught and taken away
which I don't have right now. I just need something relatively
inexpensive to prevent them from hanging out up there.

Thanks all!

Sandra Loosemore wrote:
(Doug Miller) writes:

When I found raccoons living in my barn, my removal tool of choice
was a .44 magnum revolver and a garbage can. Google on "raccoon
roundworm" if you want to learn why it's important to permanently
remove them from structures used or inhabited by humans.

If you need any more reasons to get rid of raccoons, you might also
try looking up "raccoon rabies". :-P

-Sandra the cynic

Speedy Jim

Snow Bunny! wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions all but I need an inexpensive way of getting
rid of the raccoons from the 2nd story barn. They are leaving raccoon
$%%% everywhere and I just want them out of there. I don't have a gun
or a trap, and I know it costs money to have them caught and taken away
which I don't have right now. I just need something relatively
inexpensive to prevent them from hanging out up there.

Thanks all!

Unless you can close off every means of access that they have,
they *will* be back, even if you exterminate this lot.

One more quick story about the danger wildlife can pose:
Raccoons were living *on* my home's roof. They weren't
doing any damage and I didn't give it much thought.

But they were also pooping in the gutters.
When I cleaned the gutters that fall, I managed
a very tiny scrape on a sharp point. I ignored it.
Within hours, my whole arm swelled up from infection.
Antibiotics saved the day, but it was close...
Jim
medusa

Snow Bunny! wrote:

Found raccoons in the 2nd floor of our barnhouse. Anyway of preventing
them without the use of traps? Mothballs, etc? Please help! Thanks!

beg, borrow or rent a trap. Mothballs would be better than nothing but
make sure you don't have anything around that you or other animals would
consume.