Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
anita

Default mice and rats- carpet cleaning

We've discovered that we have a rodent infestation in our newly purchased
home. Can anyone give me pointers about how to go about cleaning the house
?
We want to get professional carpet cleaners, but will that take care of
mice and rat droppings ? Is there any specific kind of professional
equipment we should look for when selecting a carpet cleaner ?

We have lots of droppings in the attic and the kitchen pantry.

I was wondering if a good steam cleaner (recommendations ?) would do the
job ?
Can I steam clean an attic ? Or is that a bad idea because of introducing
moisture into the air where there is exposed insulation .... What other
ways do I clean the attic.
The other alternative idea I have- getting disposable coveralls and a half
respirator with P100 filter and 10% bleach spray and a shopvac and cleaning
the attic.

How do you do heavy duty mice/rodent control.

Thanks much
anita