Electronics (alt.electronics)

Default PLEASE

PLEASE
DONATIONS NEEDED
Hello:

I am asking for any help that I may please receive. I am requesting
DONATIONS in ANY CONDITION of electronic items. (Broken, working,
needs repair, good for parts).

I am requesting these donations in the following categories.

I am seeking items in the fields of Audio, Video, Communications,
Laser, Robotics, Satellite, Computer, Test Equipment etc. I am also
desperately seeking Video cameras, video recorders, DVDs, Cb &ham
radio / equip, etc. ALL IN ANY CONDITITON, In ANY condition, Broken,
Damaged, Working, Non Working, Repairable, Good For parts.

Being disabled is not fun as standing up on feet is a real pain
however be unable to work is a real pain. I love electronics; I hope
when and if medical get better to be employable again. However the
only way to keep active is the ability to keep going and keep
coherent, is to keep tinkering, trying to design or redesign and test
out new ideas. I also like to try to keep up on trends and keep
ability to do things. Electronics is more than a hobby it is a life
style.

I like to share knowledge with others, I love to tutor beginners and
learn new things. If any help that I can please get, I would be
greatly appreciative. If I can be of help let me know. I am located in
Concord California.

Being unemployed with no transportation to call my own gives me time
on my hands and nothing is more miserable than to feel unproductive
and trapped at home at the mercy of who ever you can get out of the
house with. If I had a job than I could earn myself a vehicle with a
heart set on a passenger van.

I would love to work in the broadcast or electronics industry even if
it means just pushing buttons, anything to work in a field that I
dearly love.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Gareth Magennis

This keeps coming up. Does anyone know if this is genuine or is it a scam?

Gareth.

wrote in message
[...]

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

JeffM

I am requesting DONATIONS in ANY CONDITION of electronic items.
(Broken, working, needs repair, good for parts).
Doug (docp at california.com)

This keeps coming up.
Gareth Magennis

It appears that it started like this:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?&thre...d2 %404ax.com
He must have gotten a donation,
because he stepped up the requests to anything electronic.
..
..
Does anyone know if this is genuine or is it a scam?

At no point does he claim to be a non-profit.
What part do you think is a scam?
..
BTW, Gareth. What's up with the top-posting?

tom

THANKYOU

Gareth Magennis

Because most people don't need to read the post that is being replied to,
and if its a long one you have to scroll down until you find the reply,
which I find really irritating.

BTW, Gareth. What's up with the top-posting?

JeffM

Gareth Magennis top-posted yet again:
Because most people don't need to read the post that is being replied

to,
and if its a long one you have to scroll down until you find the

reply,
which I find really irritating.

BTW, Gareth. What's up with the top-posting?
JeffM

Do you also make up your own rules when you
drive on public roads?
attend a public performance?
go to someone's home?

This is the document on which Usenet is based:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:8...*-*-*-original
The relevant portion is highlighted.

Gareth Magennis

No, I behave in an appropriate manner. Rules are not there to be strictly
adhered to, otherwise every time you came accross a vehicle parked you had
to cross the central line (illegal) to get round it, the whole country would
grind to a halt. For me, and I suspect many others, top posting a simple
reply is a far more sensible way of behaving in a newsgroup than blindly
following some ettiquette for the sake of being "right". If anyone really
needs to read the post being replied to it is still there. What really is
the problem other than sheer bloody mindedness?

Do you also make up your own rules when you
drive on public roads?
attend a public performance?
go to someone's home?

This is the document on which Usenet is based:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:8...*-*-*-original
The relevant portion is highlighted.

tom

It's a genuine scam.

Coyoteboy

I must admit I dont bottom post because unless its a short OP its more
difficult to read the reply. Top posting allows those who have been
following the thread from the start to see the reply quickly, if you
want to read more into it then feel free to scroll down.

However, I'm constantly shouted down by a small number of loud people
so i think its a matter of personal preference. I really cant find it
in my person to get worked up over the fact that someone posted at the
other end of a post to me. I spend a lot of my time on the net
searching posts and forums, if I got so upset about it I'd have had a
heart attack by now.

JeffM

I must admit I dont bottom post because unless its a short OP
its more difficult to read
Coyoteboy

Until there is more than 1 response to a post.
Then it gets jumbled.
These guidelines are not arbitrary; there are reasons.

i think its a matter of personal preference.
J (Coyoteboy)

Since you are a newbie, post at Google,
and DON'T INCLUDE ANY CONTEXT IN YOUR POST
I'll take your opinion for what it's worth--essentially zero.

Coyoteboy

Since you are a newbie, post at Google,
and DON'T INCLUDE ANY CONTEXT IN YOUR POST
I'll take your opinion for what it's worth--essentially zero.

I've been posting here for 5+ years, intermittently, on NGs for 10+
years, I post at google for the moment as I cannot access my normal
news server from work, and I included no context as my context was
pretty damn obvious to anyone reading the thread from start to finish.

Next smart arse comment?