Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jonathan

Default OHM's Law

Hi to all,

If someone help me out here. The base of a transistors opens at 0.7 volts.
If I am using 5 volts how do I work out the resistance ? Its been a while
since I did ohms law !!

Many thanks
Jonathan

TurboTroll

Voltage=Current * Resistance

You need to know two of the three before you can derive the third.
Resistance would equal voltage divided by current, but of course, you need
to know voltage and current. You only give the voltage.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Hi to all,

If someone help me out here. The base of a transistors opens at 0.7 volts.
If I am using 5 volts how do I work out the resistance ? Its been a while
since I did ohms law !!

Many thanks
Jonathan

CLV3

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Hi to all,

If someone help me out here. The base of a transistors opens at 0.7 volts.
If I am using 5 volts how do I work out the resistance ? Its been a while
since I did ohms law !!

Many thanks
Jonathan

With the info that you gave us it would be impossible to find the resistance
using Ohm's Law. To find any value in a circuit using Ohm's Law you need two
out of the three (voltage, current, resisitance).

Jonathan

Many thanks for your reply, I managed to work it out using 400mA.

Thank you
Jonathan

Wouter van Ooijen

Many thanks for your reply, I managed to work it out using 400mA.

For the base current of a transistor??? Are you trying to saturate a
3055 or something like that?

Wouter van Ooijen

http://www.voti.nl
Webshop for PICs and other electronics
http://www.voti.nl/hvu
Teacher electronics and informatics

Ohm's Question rijo1 Electronics Repair 10 November 20th 04 06:29 PM
Amps and Ohms and Volts? Bill Never Electronics Repair 8 November 27th 03 12:13 AM
Astron VS-35M power supply broken Bruce W...1 Electronics Repair 12 November 22nd 03 09:56 PM
ohms... GuitarVman Electronics 5 November 10th 03 05:30 PM
Low ohms, (Dick Smith ESR meter), measurement problems RonSonic Electronics Repair 0 July 13th 03 05:40 PM