Electronics (alt.electronics)

John Smith

Default Batteries Vs. Power Supply

I have a digital voice recorder. It takes 2 AAA batteries (which is a total
of 3 volts). The unit also came with an external 3.0VDC 200mA power adapter.

I was wondering if this would work: I bought a 2 battery battery holder for
AA batteries, because they are larger, and I assume they will give me longer
battery life. I want to wire a plug from the batter holder to plug in to
the place on the unit where I plug in the 3VDC adapter.

Would this work? Are there any potential problems? Could I use C or D
batteries as well, since they are also 1.5V each?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

JeffM

I want to wire a plug from the batter holder
to plug in to the place on the unit
where I plug in the 3VDC adapter.
Are there any potential problems?
John Smith

Not if you get the polarity right the 1st time.
Could I use C or D batteries ?

Yep.