Electronics (alt.electronics)

Bradley Burton

Default Surround Sound problems

I just bought an optical cable for my Playstation 2 in order to hear
surround sound. The game supports Dolby Pro Logic II. I plugged one end in
on my PS2 and the other end on the surround sound box (male square connecter
to that square female connecter) in my home theater system. I don't notice
any difference in the sound when playing and doing the sound test in the
game. There doesn't seem to be any surround sound. When I do the sound
test for DVDs (played through my DVD player not PS2) I can definately tell
the difference.

I have a very expensive surround sound system and on the box there are many
cords plugged in and many different connections. I'm pretty sure I'm
plugging it in the right place though (it's on the back). I have all three
a/v connectors (video, sound left, sound right (yellow, white, red)) plugged
into the surround sound box as well. Also, in order for me to play games, I
put the system into "auxilary mode."

Can anyone confirm that I'm doing this like I'm supposed to? Does anyone
have an idea of why this is not working? I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Brad