Electronics (alt.electronics)

Mark

Default Monitor repair question

My monitor has started displaying some narrow yellowish bands across
the screen. The bands disappear as I move the cursor across them,
then they reappear.

Am I correct in assuming that my monitor problems have progressed
beyond a bad solder joint or two into something actually hosed that
would cost actual money to fix? Or can I still hope to fix this by
exploring with my soldering pencil?

Thanks
-Mark

loedown

Hi All,
The old Amiga 1084S monitors do that after they are old, I would
think a capacator problem, although I never delved into it to find out which
one. I would start with the line stage filtering cap, usually 1-10 uF at
around 250-350V, although this usually causes brightness faults, smearing
etc

Paul