Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Microchips in Cards - Slow

https://blog.mint.com/wp-content/upl...-Card-Soon.jpg

You may have notice that they started putting embedded microchips in cards. This is my experience of observing their use.

I go to the store a lot and all of a sudden people are using the cards with embedded microchips. (I tend to use cash when I shop.)

So, the steps they have to go through a

1. Stick the card into the reader.
2. Push a button on the screen.
3. Sign the screen electronically.

Secondary things that has to happen:

1. Cashier has to push a button on the register.
2. Wait until the reader reads the microchip. (Seems like forever.)

It's a very slow process. Much slower than swiping a magnetic strip.

And when I see people do this, I think: You're only one step away from sticking a microchip into your hand.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-673081.html

---
http://dreamsofluke.bravehost.com

Signs of the Apocalypse:
http://luke-alive.bravehost.com/signs.html
(Video Website. Not for Slow connections.)

http://dreamsofluke.bravehost.com/seer/
Posted to alt.electronics

On 23/07/2016 12:42 AM, wrote:
[...]

I dont know where you are located but here in OZ we just tap the card on
the reader and the process is done, apart from the cashier doing their
bit. That is for amounts below $100, for above the customers PIN must be
entered.