Electronics (alt.electronics)

rot13

Default Interface phone to soundcard?

Hi all. I'm looking for a simple schematic to interface a phone to a sound card. I'm particularly insterested
in finding schematics that provide 1/8 in jacks to aux in/out connectors on sound card. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

(quick search on internet only produces flood of spam/crap and a few schemtatics of intercoms using two
phones and 9v supply with minimal components...)

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Prevett

What you can do is build two separate circuits (available by the links
below). One to get the audio and another to put the audio on the phone
line. However, it should be noted that you should be careful when using the
soundcard; you could get feedback depending on how you set the mixer for the
sound card. I'm assuming that you want to record the audio from the phone
line and play audio from the sound card. To do this set the sound card
mixer like this:

Recording: mute all inputs that you don't need (MIDI, PC speaker, etc)
Playback: make sure to mute the input that the telephone circuit is
connected to (ie line-in or microphone)

To get audio from the phone line:

http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/phonetap.htm
http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/phonrec.htm
http://www.ee.washington.edu/circuit...IISCHEMTEL_007
http://www.ee.washington.edu/circuit...IISCHEMTEL_004
http://www.geocities.com/iecmaster/c...ir_tel008.html
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep....htm#phone.gif
http://www.geocities.com/iecmaster/c...ir_tel009.html

To play audio to the phone line:

http://www.electronicsforu.com/efyli...2002/ffter.pdf
http://home.maine.rr.com/randylinscott/jul98.htm
http://www.dplay.com/tutorial/Mac2tel.html

General telephone information:

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/c...interface.html

Jeff

P.S. None of these links have pop-ups

"rot13" wrote in message
Hi all. I'm looking for a simple schematic to interface a phone to a

sound card. I'm particularly insterested
in finding schematics that provide 1/8 in jacks to aux in/out connectors

on sound card. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

(quick search on internet only produces flood of spam/crap and a few

schemtatics of intercoms using two
phones and 9v supply with minimal components...)

Thanks in advance.

When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!! _____ Rr5rovFW84b Doug Miller Woodturning 3 March 27th 04 11:25 PM
Maplin Remote Control Via Mobile Phone John Stumbles UK diy 6 January 13th 04 05:30 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Jerry Greenberg Metalworking 0 July 16th 03 01:33 AM