Electronics (alt.electronics)

Activeviii

Default laptops

looking for a cheap laptop for my boy, he cant sit in front of a home pc so I was hoping a laptop
would help him. need something that will run games (P111 500ish) and can talk to him mate on line
and surf.
anyone got any ideas were I could get one that wouldn't brake the bank as im not loaded and some
where that wont ripe me off as I haven't got a lot of money.

thanks for your time and help.

All the best
Phil.
UK

Vidor Wolf

Ebay may be a good starting point.
I've bought and sold lots of laptops ranging from P1 120 to iBooks etc.
Always in the 70 to 300 quid mark.
Cheers.
Mark H.
"Activeviii" wrote in message
looking for a cheap laptop for my boy, he cant sit in front of a home pc

so I was hoping a laptop
would help him. need something that will run games (P111 500ish) and can

talk to him mate on line
and surf.
anyone got any ideas were I could get one that wouldn't brake the bank as

im not loaded and some
where that wont ripe me off as I haven't got a lot of money.

thanks for your time and help.

All the best
Phil.
UK

UncleWobbly

"Art" wrote in message
Either E-Bay or Computer Trade Shows where you can actually test the

product
before purchase. I've had some very nasty suprprises via E-Bay.

Agreed... be cautious buying something like this from ebay, it seems to be a
dumping ground for some people. I have heard conversations along the lines
of "this is never going to work/again.... oh well, I'll put it on ebay and
some mug-punter will buy it"

caveat emptor (buyer beware) absolutely has to be your motto when buying on
ebay.

That said, I know that the majority are decent peeps with no wish to jack
you over... had some duzies from ebay and still use it.