Electronics (alt.electronics)

Edward Martin

Default Attach PC to Stereo

Attach PC to Stereo

I want to attach my pc to my stereo to allow me to;
a.. stream internet radio and listen to it through my stereo
b.. record my vinyl and cassettes into my pc to create cds
Does the Xitel Inport allow me to do both these things ?

If not what do you suggest I consider purchasing ?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Phil

Adam Aglionby

"Edward Martin" wrote in message
Attach PC to Stereo

assuming you already have soundcard in pc...

I want to attach my pc to my stereo to allow me to;
a.. stream internet radio and listen to it through my stereo

Great idea, pair of phono leads to stereo aux or tape in sockets at stereo,
get a 3.5mm stereo jack to pair of phono sockets convertor plug in to out on
sound card.
If you still want pc speakers as well get 3.5mm stereo plug to pair of
3.5mm stereo socjkets and plug both in.

b.. record my vinyl and cassettes into my pc to create cds

Either reverse position of above cable or get seperate cable, plug in to
,mic in.
Lot of software to help you out there , Nero burning software ahas basic
cleaning functions built in, www.ahead.de

Does the Xitel Inport allow me to do both these things ?

http://www.xitel.com appears to but expensive,
any soundcard does any way.
For price of this could buy good quality sound card with load of features.

If not what do you suggest I consider purchasing ?

Cables as above, try Maplins or local electronics store, software try
looking at download.com , Steinberg, DART etc , all have free to try demos.

HTH
Adam