Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jim Davis

Default Outdoor IR beam fence

I need a 30 foot outdoor IR beam "fence" ,
that closes a relay when the beam is broken .

Thanks ... Jim
happyhobit

Hi Jim,

This is only for at night, right. I/R's not much good in daylight.

Are you looking for a schematic or commercial product?

Jay
..
"I'm pullin' for you; we're all in this together", Red Green
..
..

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
I need a 30 foot outdoor IR beam "fence" ,
that closes a relay when the beam is broken .

Thanks ... Jim

Jim Davis

30 foot outdoor broken beam fence
day AND night
part selection by min $

.

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
I need a 30 foot outdoor IR beam "fence" ,
that closes a relay when the beam is broken .

Thanks ... Jim

happyhobit

Hi Jim,

How about a modulated I/R beam and receiver.

I/R LEDs $1.00
Modulated I/R receiver $1.50
555 timer to modulate beam. $ .50
A few resisters and capacitors $ .75

Mount TX and RX in tubes to reduce ambient light, 5-volt output. Power
supplies? Schematics?

Jay

("Quality is conformance to specification", Demming )

..
"Jim Davis" wrote in message
30 foot outdoor broken beam fence
day AND night
part selection by min $

Jim Davis

A couple of IR part numbers would be cherry !

RX power supply is 12 VDC car battery .
Should we regulate power to IR RX ?
Broken beam closes relay to 12 VDC car alarm .

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
30 foot outdoor broken beam fence
day AND night
part selection by min $

happyhobit

Hi Jim,

I was going to e-mail the schematics to you but your mailbox is full. I'll
try to post them to alt.binaries.schematics.electric later tonight

Jay

--
..