Electronics (alt.electronics)

ConTactMe

Default Q: what is this transmitting tube for?

I have aquired an interesting looking "vacuum tube" that I am unfamiliar
with. I was able to research the name/numbers on it and came up with the
term "transmitting tube". I still don't know what it is for, but am
fascinated by it. Can anyone tell me what it's for? Here is the link to one
of the pics:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/images/misc/TransmitTube/TransmitTube%20(8)
..JPG

You can see several images of this thingy at the root:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/ima.../TransmitTube/

Truth is, I'm not familiar with these items, but it looked cool to
photograph. I do hope to find out some more about it and maybe even see if
it still works.

Thanks for the assistance.
Jamie

Spudley

Default what is this transmitting tube for?

Without a myriad of other electronic components to go along with it, then
it's an ornament.
I suggest launching it into space waiting 500 years and see if it comes back
as Voyager "Vega".

"ConTactMe" wrote in message
news
I have aquired an interesting looking "vacuum tube" that I am unfamiliar
with. I was able to research the name/numbers on it and came up with the
term "transmitting tube". I still don't know what it is for, but am
fascinated by it. Can anyone tell me what it's for? Here is the link to

one
of the pics:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/images/misc/TransmitTube/TransmitTube%20(8)
.JPG

You can see several images of this thingy at the root:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/ima.../TransmitTube/

Truth is, I'm not familiar with these items, but it looked cool to
photograph. I do hope to find out some more about it and maybe even see if
it still works.

Thanks for the assistance.
Jamie

Jimmy

I think this is basically a 4-1000 on steroids. It was designed for pulse
modulator in radars and Xray equipment.

"Spudley" wrote in message
Without a myriad of other electronic components to go along with it, then
it's an ornament.
I suggest launching it into space waiting 500 years and see if it comes

back
as Voyager "Vega".

"ConTactMe" wrote in message
news
I have aquired an interesting looking "vacuum tube" that I am unfamiliar
with. I was able to research the name/numbers on it and came up with the
term "transmitting tube". I still don't know what it is for, but am
fascinated by it. Can anyone tell me what it's for? Here is the link to

one
of the pics:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/images/misc/TransmitTube/TransmitTube%20(8)
.JPG

You can see several images of this thingy at the root:

http://www.spvision.com/spvsales/ima.../TransmitTube/

Truth is, I'm not familiar with these items, but it looked cool to
photograph. I do hope to find out some more about it and maybe even see

if
it still works.

Thanks for the assistance.
Jamie

rolling a bead on tube ends richard Metalworking 1 February 8th 04 05:55 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM
Re; Tube coping JTMcC Metalworking 0 September 25th 03 12:44 AM