Electronics (alt.electronics)

petrus bitbyter

Default RS422 to I2C Converter

"ah" schreef in bericht
Hi
Im beginning work on a project which I will need a RS422 to I2C Converter.
Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Andy

Andy,

I did. That's to say it was RS232 to I2C. I used a MAX232 and a PIC16F73.
For RS422 you will need differential drivers/receivers p.e. MC3487/86. For
the processor a PIC16F873 may be a better choice as it's newer. You will
need to check what protocol is used at the RS422 side. Is it asynchronous,
SDLC, HDLC or another one? You also need to look wether the I2C side has to
be master, slave or both. Unless you have a proper specification of the
protocol and the data format, you will run into a lot of problems.

pieter

Niv

Yes , that's fine, but you need to know the TTL async protocol to before it
can be converted to I2C protocol. I asume it's a UART type message or
something, but one does need to know!
Niv.

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:48:54 +0100, "Niv" wrote:

I thought RS422 was an electrical protocol & I2C a data format protocol?
Niv.

It is, hence the need for a two staged process. 1: to convert RS422 to
TTL and the other way round. and 2: to convert the TTL Async to I2C,
in a manner you can access either any I2C device, or a particular one
over the serial link.
"ah" wrote in message
Hi
Im beginning work on a project which I will need a RS422 to I2C

Converter.
Has anyone ever done anything like this?

Andy

Potential Relay for phase converter gradstdnt Metalworking 12 April 26th 19 01:18 PM
Phas a matic Rotary Converter Rip Off? Steve Koschamnn Metalworking 12 December 10th 03 10:42 PM
Motor Phases SRF Metalworking 20 October 23rd 03 09:32 AM
Voltage on Phase Converter Steve Metalworking 2 August 15th 03 09:29 AM