Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default MOSFET quesation

Hi There,

I have a kinda stupid question. I haven't worked with MOSFETs for years and I have a rather simple problem: I want to power cycle a secondary client device by an active signal coming from a comparator. And in defalt case the, the device should always have power. I want to switch it using a MOSFET. Now my idea:
I take a depletion mode mosfet (normally closed) that has very little resistance between source and drain (any type recoimmendations?). Now can I use a P-channel type and connect the gate to the comparator's output and it will keep S & D low ohm-ish until the comparator becomes active (to reset the client devcice)? Am I thinking right here? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you!!!
Posted to alt.electronics

wrote in message
Hi There,

I have a kinda stupid question. I haven't worked with MOSFETs for years
and I have a rather simple problem: I want to power cycle a secondary
client device by an active signal coming from a comparator. And in defalt
case the, the device should always have power. I want to switch it using a
MOSFET. Now my idea:
I take a depletion mode mosfet (normally closed) that has very little
resistance between source and drain (any type recoimmendations?). Now can
I use a P-channel type and connect the gate to the comparator's output and
it will keep S & D low ohm-ish until the comparator becomes active (to
reset the client devcice)? Am I thinking right here? Any assistance would
be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Will LTspice model that?

MOSFET help Al Electronics Repair 15 August 24th 09 03:40 PM
Interfacing a power mosfet to a pic running on 3 volts - mosfet drivers.gif (1/1) default Electronic Schematics 0 July 23rd 07 08:35 PM
Interfacing a power mosfet to a pic running on 3 volts - mosfet drivers.gif (0/1) default Electronic Schematics 0 July 23rd 07 08:35 PM
SiC Mosfet Atul Agrawal Electronics Repair 14 August 8th 05 03:34 AM
Need Help to ID a MOSFET yoda439 Electronics Repair 4 May 20th 05 05:07 PM