DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   MOSFET quesation (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/346010-mosfet-quesation.html)

[email protected] September 5th 12 12:36 AM

MOSFET quesation

Hi There,

I have a kinda stupid question. I haven't worked with MOSFETs for years and I have a rather simple problem: I want to power cycle a secondary client device by an active signal coming from a comparator. And in defalt case the, the device should always have power. I want to switch it using a MOSFET. Now my idea:
I take a depletion mode mosfet (normally closed) that has very little resistance between source and drain (any type recoimmendations?). Now can I use a P-channel type and connect the gate to the comparator's output and it will keep S & D low ohm-ish until the comparator becomes active (to reset the client devcice)? Am I thinking right here? Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Ian Field October 14th 12 03:53 PM

MOSFET quesation

wrote in message
Hi There,

I have a kinda stupid question. I haven't worked with MOSFETs for years
and I have a rather simple problem: I want to power cycle a secondary
client device by an active signal coming from a comparator. And in defalt
case the, the device should always have power. I want to switch it using a
MOSFET. Now my idea:
I take a depletion mode mosfet (normally closed) that has very little
resistance between source and drain (any type recoimmendations?). Now can
I use a P-channel type and connect the gate to the comparator's output and
it will keep S & D low ohm-ish until the comparator becomes active (to
reset the client devcice)? Am I thinking right here? Any assistance would
be appreciated! Thank you!!!

Will LTspice model that?