Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Needing a supplier

I have on hand a friends Goldstar GBV411 VHS/DVD/CD Recorder with a disc
motor that does not spin. I think it would be cheapest to just replace it
than for me (a novice) to check out the circuitry. I feel that would be
prudent since I would have to cut one wire on the motor anyway to check for
continuity on it, and voltage on the supply side.
.. . .I am hoping that most of these CD type motors are made mostly by the
same manufacturer and can be easily replaced.
Thus I need an address of a supplier of these motors.
... . . any help greatly appreciated...ps...this is a 'gimme' for the friend
at no charge.
charlie