Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics

Default QUESTION: How to connect a power supply to my home power grid?

Hi all

I wanted to ask a question about something that has lightly perplexed
me for a while.

Sometimes we read about some person building e.g. a wind turbine (or
something else) and connecting the electricity derived from this to
their home power grid.

My question is about how this sort of thing is accomplished.

I mean, I do not expect it to be as simple as plugging a power supply
to a wall outlet and then the power from it automatically becomes
available to all outlets in the house.

Or is this basically how it is done - in other words can a standard
wall outlet function both as 'input' and 'output'?

And a second question derived from this, is it possible to also be
plugged into the communal power grid at the same time or will there be
some sort of a interference? If there is interference, how can that be
reduced?

No need to give me a fully detailed answers to above, I am just
looking for a generic information to satisfy my own curiousity.

If you know of any books or websites that deal with this I would be
interested of hearing about them.

Thanks in advance,