Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.electronics.analog

Default Is this what they called it a Hybrid Capacitor?

"Richard" wrote in message news:...

"John Fields" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:39:52 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

6 capacitors 60 farad @ 2.7V EACH in serie, then they parallel with a
0.5
farad 16V. I don't see how you can get 60 farad out of this circuit.
The
maximum you can get from this circuit is 10.5 Farad. How can they call
this a 60 Farad? No wonder why I am not getting the power it's supposed
hold. I bought this funky Lanzar600 hybrid capacitor, and my voltage
meter
shows its voltage drops fast!! Because it looks like one of the 6
capacitors felt off the PCB, and the 0.5farad hardware doesn't hold it
tight niether, so I think I'm getting 10 farad if I'm not wrong or less.

I thought the formula is supposed to be =
1/((1/C1)+(1/C2)+(1/C3)+(1/C4)+(1/C5)+(1/C6)) = ResultA in parallel with
C7(0.5farad) but C7 is not connected, I should end up with 10 farad? or
0.5
farad?

Sounds like a fraud product to me unless if I'm mistaken. I need you
experts to tell me if my thinking is wrong.

---
If this is what you're talking about: (View in Courier)

+-[C1]-[C2]-[C3]-[C4]-[C5]-[C6]-+
| |
+-------------[C7]--------------+
| |
A B

then there's 10.5F from A to B.

Also, if the capacitances of C1 - C6 aren't equal (which they won't be)
then the voltage across AB wont divide equally and you could easily get
2.7V across one or more of them.

Sounds to me like you've been had.

JF

Thanks, yes so true, From AMAZON - GOOLGOLSHOP -LANZAR600 Fake 60
farad
capacitor.

None of them wanted to give me refund or warranty, just had it in less
than
3 days, what a fraud of America!

You don't have to go to Nigeria to see this ****.

I misspelt the ****ty shop: It's called Googolshop, stay away from these