Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Noob needs HELP!!

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:22:27 -0000, Admin wrote:

Hi all,

I have this circuit that I am hope to use for HV electrolysis. It has
damaged every Mosfet and IGBT I have tried. It even damaged an IGBT
that is rated 600V and 58 amps. The circuit works without a hitch when
the load is resistive like a light bulb.

But as soon as I hook up a transformer the IGBT fails in 10 seconds. It
has trouble with inductive loads.

I have tried clamping the IGBT with a diode to no avail.

Please, somebody take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong. My
power source is and auto inverter.

I can see it here, but a lot of news servers do not allow pictures on groups without "binary" in the name. Thus most people won't see the picture, or may not even see the post.

Lemon entry my dear Watson.

Noob Arrives brian white Woodturning 3 November 18th 07 08:50 PM
Noob Turners offerings brian white Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 November 16th 07 01:20 AM
Noob and Mortise & Tenons... [email protected] Woodworking 21 December 8th 06 01:31 AM
NOOB Greg Ostrom Woodworking 10 August 9th 04 01:53 PM
Hello all I'm a Noob Rick P. Woodworking 17 July 20th 04 10:48 AM