Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's sound card headphone jack. Tia sal2

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 14:56:21 +1300, Nicholas Sherlock
wrote:

sal2 wrote:
How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's sound card
headphone jack. Tia sal2

Greetings All

I'm generating different sound waves using my laptop
and outputting the sound via my laptop's sound card headphone jack.

I need to increase the output voltage / amplify the output
signal to at least 5v while not adding to much noise to the
signal. What's the best way to go about this?
Preamp/Amplifier/mixer Can anyone recommend a low cost solution?

thanks sal2

Sorry it this is repeated had problems with my posting server

I might be going in totally the wrong direction here, but I'm sure that
someone will correct me. If you're just looking for increased voltage
(not increased power), what about an audio transformer?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Nothing wrong with a transformer as long as it doesn't saturate. The
OP didn't state the application - like frequencies, power, etc.
Transformer wins hands down on battery life over amps. :-)

John