Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment
z z is offline

Default How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's soundcard headphone jack. Tia sal2

On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news
How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's
sound card headphone jack. Tia sal2

Greetings All

I'm generating different sound waves using my laptop
and outputting the sound via my laptop's sound card
headphone jack.

I need to increase the output voltage / amplify the output
signal to at least 5v while not adding to much noise to
the signal. What's the best way to go about this?
Preamp/Amplifier/mixer Can anyone recommend a low cost
solution?

Try a Boostaroo headphone amp, which RS calls a 33-118.

if you're going that route, might try the FIIO amp; they're selling
all over ebay for like $4 plus postage from the far east. i got mine
from an outfit called justforlive2008, and it arrived within less than
a week for $3.59 postage, right to the house without my having to go
to the store. that's cheaper than us postage, and faster.
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment

In article , z wrote:
On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news
[...]

I only compute 2v for that device. Meaning its power supply should develope at least
6 volts with the 1.5 v battery.

greg
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment
z z is offline

On Nov 6, 4:24*pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , z wrote:

On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news

[...]

greg- Hide quoted text -

good point, you're not going to get 5 volts with an aa battery as
power source. i'm an idiot, just ignore me babbling in the corner from
now on....
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment

On Nov 6, 2:03 pm, z wrote:
On Nov 6, 4:24 pm, (GregS) wrote:

In article , z wrote:

On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news

[...]

boost converter?
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment

"GregS" wrote in message

In article
,
z wrote:
On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news
[...]

The Boostaroo is similarly limited by the 2 AA cells that it runs off of.

I modified mine with some wooden dowels that simulate AA cells, so that it
runs off of 5 vdc from an external source. However, its still limited to
just under 2 vrms output. Nevertheless, it helps.

Plan B - try a Behringer headphone amplifier:

http://www.behringer.com/HA400/index.cfm?lang=ENG

http://www.behringer.com/AMP800/index.cfm?lang=ENG