Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's sound card headphone jack. Tia sal2

"GregS" wrote in message

In article
,
z wrote:
On Nov 6, 2:48 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"sal2" wrote in message

news
How can I increasing output voltage/amplify my laptop's
sound card headphone jack. Tia sal2

Greetings All

I'm generating different sound waves using my laptop
and outputting the sound via my laptop's sound card
headphone jack.

I need to increase the output voltage / amplify the
output signal to at least 5v while not adding to much
noise to the signal. What's the best way to go about
this? Preamp/Amplifier/mixer Can anyone recommend a
low cost solution?

Try a Boostaroo headphone amp, which RS calls a 33-118.

if you're going that route, might try the FIIO amp;
they're selling all over ebay for like $4 plus postage
from the far east. i got mine from an outfit called
justforlive2008, and it arrived within less than a week
for $3.59 postage, right to the house without my having
to go to the store. that's cheaper than us postage, and
faster.

I only compute 2v for that device. Meaning its power
supply should develope at least 6 volts with the 1.5 v
battery.

The Boostaroo is similarly limited by the 2 AA cells that it runs off of.

I modified mine with some wooden dowels that simulate AA cells, so that it
runs off of 5 vdc from an external source. However, its still limited to
just under 2 vrms output. Nevertheless, it helps.

Plan B - try a Behringer headphone amplifier:

http://www.behringer.com/HA400/index.cfm?lang=ENG

http://www.behringer.com/AMP800/index.cfm?lang=ENG