Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default DVD recorder defect how to read info on HDD?

Hello,

My DVD recorder with the harddisk is defect.
It is not repairable. I think the harddisk is still oke.
My question: Is it possble to read the data by connecting it to a pc and
how?

regards,

Posted to alt.electronics

Ikke wrote:
My DVD recorder[...]is not repairable. I think the harddisk is still [OK].
Is it possble to read the data by connecting it to a pc and how?

You would do much better if you posted problems regarding a product
to a newsgroup/forum that deals SPECIFICALLY with *that* product.
Google archives newsgroups
and has a search engine to help you find things:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...roup:microsoft

That said, I'm going to go out on a limb and say
there is ZERO chance that you can achieve what you want
by putting this into a computer that runs a Microsoft operating
system.

It seems completely unlikely that this thing uses one of the M$-
compatible
http://www.google.com/search?q=NTFS+FAT+FAT32
filesystems
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...tition&strip=1

It is FAR more likely that your HDD's filesystem
is among the MANY filesystems that Linux can read/write
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=min...R+smb+ufs+ntfs

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...nux+filesystem
http://www.google.com/search?q=Linux-users-groups

....and whether the *data* is in a usable format is a separate issue.
I doubt that as well (Vendor lock-in is the norm these days).

Good luck.