Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default VR sensor followup question

I'm using an open-source style VR sensor conditioner circuit design using
the LM1815 amp. This is supposed to take the signal and feed it into pin 3
through some filtering components ( an 18K resistor in series and a 330pf
cap in parallel) and compare it to Gnd (pin2). The creator of the circuit
decided to make this adjustable to allow tweaking of the signal by pot to
cure "glitches" in the signal. Having looked over the ciruit traces on the
PCB I can see that the -ve of the sensor is fed through a 3-pin pot which
has the wiper and far end grounded, with pin2 also grounded on the IC. Pin 3
is fed directly from the sensor.

This, to me, doesnt seem right and will simple increase the effective
resistance of the VR sensor?? I have a glitch on the sensor system at a
specific speed of input and I'm trying to narrow down the problem - any
input is very greatfully received!