Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Programmable RF modulator

Hi all.

I'm not an expert in electronics, I'm a software developer - so bear
with me. I have a question, however, for those who are experts in
electronics - so any input (any) would be highly valued.

I understand the very basics of an RF modulator or RF switch, I think
- though that's about the extent of it. An RF modulator/switch
basically allows me to turn a non-RF single into some RF carrier
signal that can be consumed by, say, a television. By placing a RF
modulator between a coaxial that would normally go into a television,
and telling the modulator what channel I wish to transmit on, I can
get the TV tuner to pick up my signal instead of the one coming from
the wall (sort of like the old Nintendos - the RF modulator at the end
of those).

In looking around, however, I cannot find any that are programmable
through a serial interface, a USB interface, etc. Every RF modulator I
can find online forces people to punch the channel they wish to send
on via some kind of interface on the box itself. I woud like to
control what output channel the RF modulator lets me send to
programmatically, or from within my software.

Is anyone aware of such a beast? And if so, can I have some pointers/
websites/etc. Any information would be valued, even if it is telling
me this is the wrong newsgroup.

Thanks so much in advance,

Ben

Posted to alt.electronics

There seem to be several available at the chip level but I suspect that they
are not what you're looking for.
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data.../TDA8822.shtml
http://www.eeproductcenter.com/rf-mi...leID=196802770
You might inquire at these manufacturers to see if they are aware of an
available product or they may have an application note on creating one.

ups.com...

FM Modulator Craig S. Electronics 1 January 5th 06 08:36 AM
RF Modulator Darren Thornton Electronics 0 September 16th 04 06:29 AM
rf modulator problem Aron Electronics Repair 1 March 11th 04 11:21 PM
Tv modulator interface Ambrogio Electronics Repair 0 November 10th 03 09:18 PM
TV RF modulator problem Paul Noga Electronics Repair 1 October 17th 03 01:21 AM