Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Craig S.

Default FM Modulator

I purchased a Belkin Tunecast II FM modulator and have been less than
thrilled with its performance in a vehicle. I have an XM SkyFi2 with a
built-in modulator that provides an excellent signal, so surely there must
be something better out there than the Belkin.

Is there a website that does Consumer Reports style side by side performance
reviews on electronics and audio products?

Or does anyone have any exceptionally positive experience with other
portable FM transmitters?

Thanks

Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

On 2006-01-04, Craig S. wrote:

I purchased a Belkin Tunecast II FM modulator and have been less than
thrilled with its performance in a vehicle. I have an XM SkyFi2 with a
built-in modulator that provides an excellent signal, so surely there must
be something better out there than the Belkin.

Is there a website that does Consumer Reports style side by side performance
reviews on electronics and audio products?

Or does anyone have any exceptionally positive experience with other
portable FM transmitters?

the silicon chip magazine kitset ones were pretty good. back in the 80s they
were a solution looking for a problem... I expect the 2001 vewrsion is good
too.

Bye.
Jasen