Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

Default FS Fluke 9100 with external keyboard and monitor plus another 9100

John Fields wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:54:49 -0500, "Art M - Artfromny"
wrote:

I could go on, but absent specific wording regarding penalties and
enforcement, these things that you quoted are mere guidelines.

---
The specific wording regarding penalties and enforcement are spelled
out quite clearly in the Terms Of Service agreement you entered into
with Road Runner, and a sufficient number of complaints to
re your SPAMming practices could easily get you TOS'ed.
---

I can only
judge from the orders I get (and yes, I do often ask where people saw my
posts) that not all of the users of your group(s) agree with you.

---
As far as the sci.electronics.* groups go, I think you'd be hard
pressed to find _anyone_ on these groups who would say that your
shenanigans here _aren't_ SPAMming.
---

As to the endless argument of marketplace vs discussion, on the arcade games
groups, where I do the bulk of my Usenet business, they long ago outgrew the
anal splitting of hairs about the relevance of posts; RGVAM still exists,
but is pale in comparison to the discussion group, and consists mainly of
cross posts.

---
On the arcade games groups there is substantial commercial activity
and a continuing need for the devices you sell, and consequently
your presence and your ads are welcome.

On the electronics groups, your presence is welcome but your ads,
overwhelmingly, aren't.
---

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, as a matter of fact, conflicting
opinions may actually both be right when viewed in certain lights. The key
to me is that there has to be more to life than getting wound up over a post
that one feels is misdirected.

---
Yes, of course. In order for you to do what you do and justify it
you must put the onus on the other person and try to make it seem
like it's their fault that they don't want your SPAM in the group.
---

Absent libel or slander, there is no way that my posts hurt you.

---
That's not true. They diminish my enjoyment of not having to
contend with SPAM on what is supposed to be a commercial-free
newsgroup.
---

Don't want to read them? Block my posts, its as
simple as that.

---
The point is, I shouldn't have to because you should be considerate
enough to consider the wishes of the group and stop SPAMming the
group when you're asked to.
---

Meanwhile, every time you or one of your fanatic buddies replies to my
posts, it makes them longer, last longer, and look even more impressive
since they get replies.

---
Not really.

Properly written, replies to your posts will show why you're wrong
in doing what you do against the wishes of those who have legitimate
complaints, which will show you up for what you really are.

--
JF

Jesus John, that was damn near civil. What the hell happened to you?

- Matt

PS. Happy holidays to everyone!

Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

Matty-t wrote:

Jesus John, that was damn near civil. What the hell happened to you?

John is a nice guy, till you **** him off. (Sorry, John, but someone
had to say it.) ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:10:56 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Matty-t wrote:

Jesus John, that was damn near civil. What the hell happened to you?

John is a nice guy, till you **** him off. (Sorry, John, but someone
had to say it.) ;-)

We old farts tend to be just that... really nice until you hit the
threshold... then... ;-)

Merry Christmas, John!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

"John Fields" wrote in message
On 24 Dec 2006 09:50:47 -0800, "Matty-t"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

---
The specific wording regarding penalties and enforcement are spelled
out quite clearly in the Terms Of Service agreement you entered into
with Road Runner, and a sufficient number of complaints to
re your SPAMming practices could easily get you TOS'ed.
---

I doubt that - Roadrunner is far more concerned with email spam than
anything else, and they don't seem to even be able to control that at all -
and besides, they know what real spam is and mine isn't

All the best of the holidays to y'all

Art

Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

Must be Christmas.
---

- Matt

PS. Happy holidays to everyone!

---
Same here.

--
JF

Posted to alt.electronics,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Matty-t wrote:

Jesus John, that was damn near civil. What the hell happened to you?

John is a nice guy, till you **** him off. (Sorry, John, but someone
had to say it.) ;-)

We old farts tend to be just that... really nice until you hit the
threshold... then... ;-)

Merry Christmas, John!

Thanks, Jim! You too! :-)
--