Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Simple Eletronics Circuit

I have recently been asked to build a simple electronic circuit, and
have no idea how, or what to make. Some examples of what i am looking
for a simple power circuit, a simple audio circuit, etc. In other
words, something easy to build w/o integrated ciruits, just
transistors, capacitors, diodes, and all that stuff. Any
references/examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.electronics

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have recently been asked to build a simple electronic circuit, and
have no idea how, or what to make. Some examples of what i am looking
for a simple power circuit, a simple audio circuit, etc. In other
words, something easy to build w/o integrated ciruits, just
transistors, capacitors, diodes, and all that stuff. Any
references/examples would be greatly appreciated.

My personal favorite has always been a triac-based lamp dimmer. I'm sure
you can find these in kit form at various places.

In case you're not familiar with it all ... a modern lamp dimmer dims the
lamp by turning it on and off 120 times per second. There are power
dissipation reasons why that is the best approach. A "triac" is the device
that can switch AC power.