Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics

Default Periodic transformer failure

I have a 120v to 24vac transformer for a lawn sprinkler system that has
failed about 3 times since I purchased the house. This time I took the
windings apart and found the break in the 120v winding. I live in a
lightening prone area. Is this failure most likely from power surges or is
there some other possible cause.

Thanks.

Mike