Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Homebrew Video Display Chips

Hi,

I'm looking for any info on easy to use chips for driving a composite
monitor - with or without color.
I'd like to start with the easiest chip and circuit, one that might display
the internal characters / graphics built into the given chip.

I am currently working with the MC6847 but so far have had no luck. I
bought the chip second hand, so I don't even know if it's any good.

Any tips on sample circuits, what chips to experiment with, etc. would be
much appreciated.

thanks,

F-

Posted to alt.electronics

You need more ambition , what you are doin is obsolete , not in demand

why not learn something that will be used by many people .

If everyone did something that was in high demand , we'd have no poor
people on earth .. Wouldnt that be nice ?

My Bro teaches Delphi at C.College .
Zero demand programming language .
C+ , Delphi , Linux , Microsoft Windows are obsolete , obtuse S/W ,
will
be replaced by much better s/w in less than 2 years .

I write s/w for free , because it is the highest demand today .
WXP dont work , it cant even do fundamental stuff like manage
Files/Folders !!

BTW www.littlechips.com has Evaluation board $300 , with ARM 920T
equiv'
CPU . This CPU is NOT Pentium , so it wont run PC s/w .
This CPU will destroy the PC . All will switch to the new PDA with
100GB HDD
avail in the near future .