Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Proto Board soldering - What guage? .031?

Hi,

I'm moving from solderless breadboard to a protoboard so I can obtain some
soldering experience.

I've never soldered TTL chips / sockets, so I wonding what size solder /
guage I will need?
What is most practical for TTL circuits? Where to purchase online?

Thanks for any tips.

Posted to alt.electronics

On 2006-07-13, Farce Milverk wrote:

Hi,

I'm moving from solderless breadboard to a protoboard so I can obtain some
soldering experience.

I've never soldered TTL chips / sockets, so I wonding what size solder /
guage I will need?

Anything under about 1.2mm will work ok. My current roll is .71 because
I find the thinner stuff is easier to meter and the price for a 200g
roll is only a little more than for the thicker stuff

if .031 is inches, .04 is (approx) 1mm so yeah that's close to what I use.

What is most practical for TTL circuits?

more important is the size of the parts you're using I'm assuming
old-style 0.1" pin spacing, and through-hole prototype board.

Where to purchase online?

can't help you there I purchase in person.

--

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.electronics