Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
sean

Default Electric Problem - UPDATE!

Hi All,

I have been examining a wiring diagram of my bike which I
had studied at length before but I couldn't even work out
where the ignition was, let alone identifying the colors,
but I _think_ I have worked it out.

However, the diagram doesn't tell me exactly which color
goes to which point on the ignition eg red=1, black=2, etc
as the ignition points are'nt even numbered so I am still
none the wiser. What I can tell though is that the Red wire
seem to go to the starting relay and the Black/White wire
seems to be going to the CDI Ignition. I also checked the
Black wire and found it grounded to the chassis. The Green
wire I know does all the lighting, etc. But that's as far as
my expertise goes.

I am wondering with the wiring diagram and my own diagram of
the ignition barrel, is it possible to assume the correct
wiring for the ignition barrel?

If anyone cares to look and tell me what they think I'd be
very, very grateful. I have colored coded the diagram so
it's easier to see where the colors are going at a glance.

Heres the diagram:
..
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-...colorcoded.jpg

(Save the image to your hard-drive and view it with a image
viewer because IE resizes the images too small.)

Regards
Sean
Posted to alt.electronics
Jasen Betts

On 2006-06-08, sean wrote:
Hi All,

I have been examining a wiring diagram of my bike which I
had studied at length before but I couldn't even work out
where the ignition was, let alone identifying the colors,
but I _think_ I have worked it out.

However, the diagram doesn't tell me exactly which color
goes to which point on the ignition eg red=1, black=2, etc
as the ignition points are'nt even numbered so I am still
none the wiser. What I can tell though is that the Red wire
seem to go to the starting relay and the Black/White wire
seems to be going to the CDI Ignition. I also checked the
Black wire and found it grounded to the chassis. The Green
wire I know does all the lighting, etc. But that's as far as
my expertise goes.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-...colorcoded.jpg

there's some ueseful information though

green is 0V, battery negative
red is battery positive
black/white is going to the ignition module
presumably some sort of kill-switch terminal.
and black must be connected to red to light the lights,

looks like 1 and/or 5 get green,

2 and 4 get red and black

and 3 gets black/white

Bye.