Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Ameen

Default please help me with my project (ADC)

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right place. I want some help to design a circuit
converts four analogue variables (-12v to + 12 v) into digital signals
and send it to computer. There are another 10 variables but they are
only ON/OFF. The voltage for them will be 12v when they are ON and 0
when they OFF, so they need to be converted into 1 and 0 in order to be
sent to the computer. I want to know:

1- Is it possible to connect all of these variables to the computer at
the same time?
2- What components do I need?
3- What is the best way to have the most accurate results?
4- Which port will be used?
5- What is the best way to display the results on the computer?

thank u

Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

"Ameen" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right place. I want some help to design a circuit
converts four analogue variables (-12v to + 12 v) into digital signals
and send it to computer. There are another 10 variables but they are
only ON/OFF. The voltage for them will be 12v when they are ON and 0
when they OFF, so they need to be converted into 1 and 0 in order to be
sent to the computer. I want to know:

1- Is it possible to connect all of these variables to the computer at
the same time?
2- What components do I need?
3- What is the best way to have the most accurate results?
4- Which port will be used?
5- What is the best way to display the results on the computer?

thank u

1. Yes

2. depends on design

3. careful design with good resolution on the A to D convertor

4. Any one you want

5. On the computer screen.

Do you really expect someone to do a detailed design for you? Ask specific
questions and someone may be able help.

Otherwise there are cards you can buy that will plug in to the computer and
bring in these values.

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

www.QuickScoreRace.com

Posted to alt.electronics
Ameen

"there are cards you can buy that will plug in to the computer and
bring in these values."

this will make my job easier !!

please give me information about these cards.
Thier names, types, what is the best for my project and where to find
them.

thank u for your replay.

Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

"Ameen" wrote in message
oups.com...
"there are cards you can buy that will plug in to the computer and
bring in these values."

this will make my job easier !!

please give me information about these cards.
Thier names, types, what is the best for my project and where to find
them.

thank u for your replay.

Check out http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/ or search for data acquistion
module on the internet

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

www.QuickScoreRace.com

The Boy Mechanic axolotl Metalworking 23 November 27th 05 09:34 AM
Complicated Project (Hydraulics & More) Jake Metalworking 20 February 16th 05 05:56 PM
WANTED: 50hp Phase Converters - - - Tax Deductible - - EAGLE SCOUT Gov't Service Project [email protected] Metalworking 23 January 3rd 05 07:57 AM
Update on water main project shinypenny Home Ownership 1 January 4th 04 03:14 PM