Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
tiberius

Default Can I use different types of thermocouple probes with my meter?

I picked up a cheap T-type thermocouple meter with a bad probe. Will
a J-type probe work with the T-type meter (w/same plug)? I wasn't
sure if the meter was calibrated to a certain type of probe. The
meter is a Digi-Sense model 91100-20, if that helps. Seems like eBay
has every type of probe available except a T-type. TIA

Greg
Posted to alt.electronics
JeffM

I picked up a cheap T-type thermocouple meter with a bad probe.
Greg (tiberius)

Hope you didn't pay much.
..
..
Will a J-type probe work with the T-type meter ?

Yes but it will give garbage readings.
..
..
I wasn't sure if the meter was calibrated to a certain type of probe.

It is. See above.
..
..
Seems like eBay has every type of probe available except a T-type.

It shouldn't be that difficult to find.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?sc...-intitle:Gauge
(Type T does well at very cold temperatures.)

Posted to alt.electronics
tiberius

On 19 Jan 2006 02:09:21 -0800, "JeffM" wrote:

I picked up a cheap T-type thermocouple meter with a bad probe.
Greg (tiberius)

Hope you didn't pay much.

$10

It shouldn't be that difficult to find.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?sc...-intitle:Gauge
(Type T does well at very cold temperatures.)

There's stuff on here that didn't show up on several Google
searches....thanks!