Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Bob (Robot Wars Thumper 1997)

Default New Ultrasonic Range Sensor

All,
I have been working on an ultrasonic sensor since 1994.
About two years ago I decided to package the sensor for everyone.
It is avaible now. Data sheet is avaiable at the web site.

www.maxbotix.com

The MaxSonar-EZ1:
is very low cost,
uses just one trasnducer,
detects to zero (yes even pressing against the front face),
detects to 254 inches (6.45 meters),
is the smallest size (smallest PCB & includes mounting holes),
is the lowest power (just 2 mA typical at 5V),
has a controlled narrow long-range beam,

has a very easy user interface including RS232C, pulse width, and
analog votlage.

I posted this because this really is a break through product
and I would have wanted one in 1997.

Posted to alt.electronics
Simon

"Bob (Robot Wars Thumper 1997)" wrote in message
ups.com...
All,
I have been working on an ultrasonic sensor since 1994.
About two years ago I decided to package the sensor for everyone.
It is avaible now. Data sheet is avaiable at the web site.

www.maxbotix.com

The MaxSonar-EZ1:
is very low cost,
uses just one trasnducer,
detects to zero (yes even pressing against the front face),
detects to 254 inches (6.45 meters),
is the smallest size (smallest PCB & includes mounting holes),
is the lowest power (just 2 mA typical at 5V),
has a controlled narrow long-range beam,

has a very easy user interface including RS232C, pulse width, and
analog votlage.

I posted this because this really is a break through product
and I would have wanted one in 1997.

I can buy one that almost detects to zero, can detect further and costs
lest. Oh it comes in a proper housing. And gives me a digital reading of how
far away the object is.

Posted to alt.electronics
Bob (Robot Wars Thumper 1997)

Yes, I am aware of the ones at the hardware store.
I have a few questions.
Is the one you reference smaller than 0.9 inches on every side?
Does it only take 2 mA to run?
And does it provide an easy to read output such as RS232, pulse width,
or analog voltage?

These are inportant things when you are building a small robot,
or a battery based system that will run all the time,
or want to use the output on a microcontroller.

Bob

Posted to alt.electronics
Anthony Fremont

"Bob (Robot Wars Thumper 1997)" wrote
Yes, I am aware of the ones at the hardware store.
I have a few questions.
Is the one you reference smaller than 0.9 inches on every side?
Does it only take 2 mA to run?
And does it provide an easy to read output such as RS232, pulse width,
or analog voltage?

These are inportant things when you are building a small robot,
or a battery based system that will run all the time,
or want to use the output on a microcontroller.

Ignore him, you've got a pretty cool product. You should post this to
comp.robotics.misc

Ultrasonic cat repellant?? Ken Moiarty Home Ownership 7 December 17th 05 07:45 PM
Brother MFC-890 and "PLS OPEN COVER" Sandy Electronics Repair 6 December 6th 05 05:11 AM
PIR Sensor and CH flue nazn UK diy 8 September 13th 05 11:29 PM
Kenmore (Roper) repeated F2 code John Parker Home Repair 1 August 12th 05 04:10 AM
Bosch LH-Jetronic air mass sensor (Saab 9000) Vesku Electronics Repair 3 September 6th 03 05:24 PM