Electronics (alt.electronics)

Justice

Default parallel port

I want to learn how to control some small circuits through my parallel
port but I do not want to damage my port. What can I use to make sure
that I don't draw too much power or any other problems that may occur.

I thank you.
Landon

Justice wrote:
I want to learn how to control some small circuits through my parallel
port but I do not want to damage my port. What can I use to make sure
that I don't draw too much power or any other problems that may occur.

I thank you.

Opto-isolators would be a good option.
Justice

Landon wrote:
Justice wrote:

I want to learn how to control some small circuits through my parallel
port but I do not want to damage my port. What can I use to make sure
that I don't draw too much power or any other problems that may occur.

I thank you.

Opto-isolators would be a good option.

Thank you but I'm new to electronics, ok fairly new I tinkered when I
was a kid but forgot most of this stuff. Anyway What is a Opto-isolator?
And how do i use one?
A link ore simple diagram explaining this would be appreciated, a goggle
search made my mind explode all I could get looked like engineering
textbooks.

Again I thank you
JeffM

I want to learn how to
control some small circuits through my parallel port
Justice

http://www.google.com/search?q=paral...rt+Jan-Axelson

Landon

Justice wrote:
Landon wrote:

Justice wrote:

I want to learn how to control some small circuits through my
parallel port but I do not want to damage my port. What can I use to
make sure that I don't draw too much power or any other problems that
may occur.

I thank you.

Opto-isolators would be a good option.

Thank you but I'm new to electronics, ok fairly new I tinkered when I
was a kid but forgot most of this stuff. Anyway What is a Opto-isolator?
And how do i use one?
A link ore simple diagram explaining this would be appreciated, a goggle
search made my mind explode all I could get looked like engineering
textbooks.

Again I thank you

This might be a good place to look:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html

Rene

"Justice" schreef in bericht
I want to learn how to control some small circuits through my parallel port
but I do not want to damage my port. What can I use to make sure that I
don't draw too much power or any other problems that may occur.

I thank you.

Not cheap but good: Check out www.velleman.be (they can deliver all over the
world I believe, I think ther're in the US as well) and search for K8000.

Greetings and good luck with Your project!

Rene