Mike

Default RCA ChipperCheck, and No Parallel Port to hook to?

I bought a new Laptop last year, and it doesn't have a Parallel Port,
wasn't even an option for a add-on. So I couldn't use the old
ChipperCheck I had.

So I spent the $190 for the new ChipperCheck II, thinking it would be
compatible with USB. No such Luck. So I bought a PCMCIA to Parallel
Adaptor, and configured it to LPT1with a I/O address of 0378, it looks
like it should work, but the ChipperCheck software does not see it.
I get the error message " Nonexitent Port in Chipper.INI" But it
points to LPT1.

Does anyone have any Ideas?, or has anyone else tried to use the
software with an adaptor like this?

Thanks Mike..
NSM

"Mike" wrote in message
I bought a new Laptop last year, and it doesn't have a Parallel Port,
wasn't even an option for a add-on. So I couldn't use the old
ChipperCheck I had.

So I spent the $190 for the new ChipperCheck II, thinking it would be
compatible with USB. No such Luck. So I bought a PCMCIA to Parallel
Adaptor, and configured it to LPT1with a I/O address of 0378, it looks
like it should work, but the ChipperCheck software does not see it.
I get the error message " Nonexitent Port in Chipper.INI" But it
points to LPT1.

Does anyone have any Ideas?, or has anyone else tried to use the
software with an adaptor like this?

Thanks Mike..

I bought a USB hub on eBay with a parallel port but it warns that it won't
work bidirectionally. I suspect you'll need a laptop with a bidirectional
parallel port.

Art

Strange the new L/T does not have a physical parallel port. Our new toshiba
Tecra 2 models have the physical port but must be switched on via the bios.
Agreed, the C/C requires bi-directional communications. May want to contact
Sencore and ask if there are any options you can impliment.