Art

Strange the new L/T does not have a physical parallel port. Our new toshiba
Tecra 2 models have the physical port but must be switched on via the bios.
Agreed, the C/C requires bi-directional communications. May want to contact
Sencore and ask if there are any options you can impliment.
"NSM" wrote in message news:NH06e.17108$vt1.9173@edtnps90...

"Mike" wrote in message
I bought a new Laptop last year, and it doesn't have a Parallel Port,
wasn't even an option for a add-on. So I couldn't use the old
ChipperCheck I had.

So I spent the $190 for the new ChipperCheck II, thinking it would be
compatible with USB. No such Luck. So I bought a PCMCIA to Parallel
Adaptor, and configured it to LPT1with a I/O address of 0378, it looks
like it should work, but the ChipperCheck software does not see it.
I get the error message " Nonexitent Port in Chipper.INI" But it
points to LPT1.

Does anyone have any Ideas?, or has anyone else tried to use the
software with an adaptor like this?

Thanks Mike..

I bought a USB hub on eBay with a parallel port but it warns that it won't
work bidirectionally. I suspect you'll need a laptop with a bidirectional
parallel port.